Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Evolution of Design

It’s crazy how quickly design and styles can change.  It’s really hard to keep up with it all.  It’s even harder for our pocket books to keep up with it all sometimes. 

With our move, I have been looking over some pictures of how our house has changed over the last 3 years.  It is crazy to see how a home can evolve over 3 years.  I am known for not sitting still.  I do have a tendency to change things around a lot.

I thought it might be kind of fun to see how things have changed a little over three years.

When we moved here, we came with what we had through residency in our starter home.  We also bought all the furniture that the owner left behind in this home.  Some of it was my taste and some of it wasn’t, but it filled the spaces for the time being; so it has slowly been replaced.

I don’t know how it works for you, but when I buy something new for my house; it can almost affect the whole house.  I put it in a spot that I think it will look great in.  Then I take that thing that I replaced it with, and I replace it with something else, somewhere else in the house, and so on, and so on.

You know what though? That is what makes me so HAPPY!! I love seeing my spaces look fresh and new all the time.  I also love spending the time putting a new spin on them because that makes me feel good inside, and it’s what I love to do.  We all have things that make us happy.

So… here it is…

The Evolution of our house:

The Exterior:

The Year we bought it:

 photo DSC_0363_zpsb4761840.jpg

Along the way:

Summer Flowers-0023

On the way out: (I say on the way out, because we just put this house up for sale)

 photo house-0370_zps3wf0z9av.jpg

We have really worked on adding to the flower beds here, and some fun pots of flowers to the porch.  We have also touched up the exterior paint on the outside, got a new porch outdoor rug, and pillows for the rockers.

Our Entryway:

The year we moved in:

 photo DSC_0356_zps0bd140f3.jpg

Along the Way:

DSC_0352

On the way Out:

 photo for sale-0630_zpsx4g0cjbx.jpg

We had the whole house repainted shortly after we moved in.

The Great Room:

The year we moved in:

 photo HousetourKitchenandGreatRoom-0279_zpsb846e7d6.jpg

The wallpaper in the house was killing me?

Along the Way:

 photo for sale-0635_zpse2o5xfkd.jpg

On the way Out:

 photo house-0331-2_zpsiudridls.jpg

The Great Room part 2:

The year we moved in:

 photo HousetourKitchenandGreatRoom-0278_zps3104cc49.jpg

Along the Way:

 photo for sale-0625_zpswbqloqss.jpg

On the way Out:

 photo house-0337-2_zpsr2u8wvi2.jpg

The Kitchen:

The year we moved in:

 photo HousetourKitchenandGreatRoom-0289_zps00be5eba.jpg

That Wallpaper again?

Along the Way: (This happened to be at Christmas time)

Thanksgiving 2014-0224

On the way Out:

 photo for sale-0634_zpshms0tijg.jpg

The Office:

The year we moved in:

DSC_0372

Couldn’t find an along the way so you get two on the way outs:

 photo for sale-0627_zpsx5a5wstg.jpg

 photo for sale-0628_zpss5id8a4u.jpg

Tessa’s Room:

Can’t find one from the year we moved in, so you get two from along the way:

Tessa's Room-0364

Tessa's Room-0378

On the way Out:

 photo for sale-0691_zpshlcw3pu5.jpg

Isaac’s Room:

The year we moved in:

Isaac's room-0411

Along the Way:

 photo for sale-0729_zpsvyov0kft.jpg

On the way Out: (His Room is the one that changed the least)

 photo for sale-0728_zpsy8uk0ubt.jpg

Master Bedroom:

IMG_3662

On the way out: I only have my room as it is now.  I haven’t taken any pictures of it along the way because it has taken me until now to get it to this point.  To the point that I love it!! I still would love to replace that light fixture, but I will let the new owner do that!

 photo for sale-0705_zps8w5qyehb.jpg

 photo for sale-0708_zps8nsqsbn2.jpg

Kid’s Bathroom:

The year we moved in:

Kid's bath-0416

On the way Out:

 photo for sale-0722_zps9hg6oo28.jpg

Jex’s Room:

The year we moved in: (In the beginning he shared a room with Isaac, and this was the playroom.  Then we turned the playroom into his own room.)

Basement Bedrooms Before-0252

Along the Way: (We quickly put his room together in a weekend and I never loved it)

Jex's room-0320

On the way Out: ( SO we slowly adapted , and made it more us, and Now I LOVE it!)

 photo for sale-0659_zps3vmf3wwj.jpg

Stella’s Room:

The year we moved in: (Stella originally shared with Tessa, and this was the guest room.  Then we moved her down here, and she got her own room! This is what the guest room looked like.)

Basement Bedrooms Before-0257

Along the Way: (This was also put together quickly in a weekend, and then we slowly simplified and made it more Stella along the way.)

scrapbook weekend mantua-0258

On the way Out:

 photo for sale-0667_zpsk3gurdhx.jpg

Family Room:

The year we moved in: (This space was the catch all for the leftover furniture.  I was left with the red chairs in the background, and I always hated them.  I was happy to get rid of them; along with the red and pink in the room.)

family room-0296

Along the Way:

IMG_1233

On the way Out:

 photo for sale-0658_zpsberpjxqc.jpg

 photo for sale-0653_zpsnuryb3tq.jpg

 

Since we are building a new home, this house is actually listed for sale on the market now.  If you are interested in buying this house you can find more information about it on the MLS here. 

If you want to see what’s happening with our new house, you can follow me on instagram @valleyviewabode

6 comments:

April said...

Your home is beautiful! I love all the molding throughout. It's gorgeous! I have pinned several things to my future home board! I also requested to follow along on IG for your new home. I am acheatham612 on IG.

Andrea said...

April, I don't see your request on IG. Send it one more time!! Thanks for following me and pinning some things from my house.

stacy said...

Love your style. I frequent here often for ideas and inspiration. Can't wait to see what you do with the new home!!:)

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Such a beautiful space in all its different seasons! We've been in our home for 8 years and I'm not even close to being done with it. It's more of a collection of halfway finished spaces!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Such a beautiful space in all its different seasons! We've been in our home for 8 years and I'm not even close to being done with it. It's more of a collection of halfway finished spaces!

julie said...

Beautifully transformed as always. So bright and fresh looking. I really like pastel colours but now l'm edging towards a change and have decided to go bright and bold! Just love your shots of colour, the turquoise really stands out. You have worked your magic again xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails