Friday, August 16, 2013

I am not a good summer blogger and house tour.

I will just admit it right now.

Summer is a really hard time for me to blog.

I just can’t find time to sit behind my computer.

I hate to steal any time away from my kids and enjoying our summer.

 photo DSC_0020_zpse2707cf3.jpg

(mustache contest at Swenson Family Reunion this summer)

I will also give myself credit; and say this has been a crazy summer.

I am proud of everything we have accomplished, and all we have done.

Right now, we are in the midst of celebrating birthdays.

For those of you who don’t know; 4 out of 6 of us have August birthdays.

I am hosting a huge family birthday party tomorrow for my 3 August birthday kiddos.

It is so nice to share a birthday party with family members.

I also have to tell you that after a few years of some problems with my neck; it has finally decided to go in to my left arm.

I am loosing some strength in my arm, and I have pain shooting down it constantly.

To be completely honest; sitting at my computer, typing this, is killing me.

I cried myself to sleep last night.

I felt a little sorry for myself, and have worries that blogging, and photography will have to go by the wayside for a while.

I have decided that I will still blog, but maybe keep my posts shorter.

Which you all know is hard for me; the proof is in this post.

I was also worried that I wouldn’t be able to hold my cute little nephews.

Maybe I could do it like the kids do and sit on the couch with a pillow under my arm to help support their head.

I am thankful for my husband who is helping me. He has a list of ideas lined up to help kick this pain out the door.

On a happier note, I am moving right along with getting the house just how I want.  Thankfully I had that mostly done before this pain started to happen.

There is still much to be done, but I thought I would start with a little home tour so you could see what’s been going on around here.

I have to start this tour with pictures of the outside.

 photo DSC_0364_zpsc04f18b7.jpg

It is what drew me to this home.  I think it is just beautiful.

 photo DSC_0363_zpsb4761840.jpg

I love craftsman homes.  Our yard is still a work in progress, but it has so much potential.

 photo DSC_0367_zps19b1979c.jpg

My favorite part is seeing the beautiful Utah Mountains in the background.

 photo DSC_0365_zps754d0b56.jpg

We have such a gorgeous view from our house.

 photo DSC_0361_zpse6e237fa.jpg 

I enjoy sitting out on these rockers looking at this beautiful valley that we live in.

 photo DSC_0293_zpsfc89b3a3.jpg

This is picture of one of the many beautiful sunsets that have happened since we have been here. 

Ok, so next time I post we will go inside. 

I promise.

 photo DSC_0356_zps0bd140f3.jpg

I know. I am being a tease.

I hope to be back at the end of next week when I get these kids off to school; and I will show you more.

Thanks for being patient with me this summer.

I miss being here.

18 comments:

April said...

I have missed your posts. Your home is just gorgeous and what an amazing view. I can't wait to see more of the inside. I will be pinning ideas from you for what I want in our "dream home" we hope to build in a couple of years. I love craftsman style too and your home looks to be loaded with it.

Candice said...

First of all, congrats on your new house. It's so pretty! Also, you are gorgeous! I love the mustache pic of you and your cute family! I broke my neck when I was a child and have had neck issues my whole life. Have you been to see a neurosurgeon? Maybe they could do some thing to help your neck. I sure hope it feels better!

Brandi said...

Your house is amazing!!! And those views....wow!!!! Praying that you feel better!!!!

Brista Barrington said...

I am just so completely obsessed with your house. I cannot wait to see what's inside!!! :)

J. Peterson said...

You arm sounds like something I had. It was the ulner nerve. It can be very painful. I went to a chiropator and wore a brace on my arm so I could not bend it. Took about a month to calm down. Here is a Link:http://www.ehow.com/how_5749233_treat-nerve-pain-neck-shoulder.html

Just something to look at. Love the new home.

Amy said...

The views are breathtaking! :) God is so good! Praying for strength & healing as you deal with your neck & arm pain. I'm hoping you find relief soon. Enjoy your weekend! Looking forward to seeing more pictures! Craftsman style are both mine & my husband's favorite! :)

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Your house looks so familiar to me! Are you in Hyde Park ... almost to North Logan? I grew up on the border of both and anyway, every time I see a picture of your house with the mountains in the background it reminds me of home! It'd gorgeous by the way!

Jaron said...

Being in constant pain makes everything tough!! Have you checked out a chiropractor? Mine works for free but is quite a drive for you. ;) Your house is beautiful - I absolutely LOVE your front door! Can't wait to see the inside!

julie said...

so sorry to hear you're in pain, hope you recover soon. have missed you blogging, always look forward to seeing your new entries. good luck and God bless you, your family and your new home, looks fabulous :) x

The Small Bevell Bunch said...

First of all the blogging world is Small... Candice is my cousin :)
Second,Your house is beautiful and makes me want to move back to Utah to be close to those beauiful mountains... then I rememeber the snow and I have second thoughts
Third, sorry about your neck. Maybe you or hubby have heard of an OMM (osteopathic manipulative medicine) Dr? If not look into it I know they have some in Utah, The one I see has changed my life. I had really bad back pain while I was pregnant she helped me durring and after. I also had shoulder pain where my family Dr sent me to MRI for next step surgery and I went to see her and she completely took it away after 2 treatments (it was linked to my gallbadder) I hope you can find something to help you!!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh you are teasing! LOL just kidding. the pictures of your home are just beautiful. can't wait to see more. glad you've been enjoying your family this summer, although i've missed your posts but family always comes first.

Unknown said...

love your house! sad that you are having problems with your arm and neck, I'm sure J will get you fixed up good and soon!!

Colleen said...

I'm sorry about the neck - it's never good when you do not feel well. I am so excited to see the rest of the house. It looks gorgeous!!!

Bre said...

Your Home is beautiful! I saw your hubby picture poster in the hospital and I haven't been on blogger forever. I didn't even know you moved back. That's so exciting!!

Simply Domestic said...

Your home is beautiful! I LOVE the porch!!
I love the family picture. Your hair looks beautiful. :)

I'm so sorry for your pain. Praying for you to have wisdom choosing your treatment and for complete healing!

Krysta McClure said...

Welcome to the neighborhood! So excited to get to know your family better!

Creative Cole said...

1st: Thank you for being human. I didn't blog a lick all summer too. I was having too much fun enjoying it!

2nd: Thanks for still blogging. You are amazing!

3rd: What a view! And Love the house...just LOVE it! Can't wait to see how you decorated it.

Heather said...

Love seeing your home & reading your beautiful blog. Very inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails