Friday, May 31, 2013

Blogging for Real

I recently read this article about blogging.  It really got me thinking about blogs.

I miss the good ole blogging days.

familynew

Do you remember those days?  Those days when blogs were filled with our stories?

(Included in this post are my previous blog headers; you can see how JandA&Co. has evolved.)

The days that we used to blog about what we were up to; the simple things in life.

Blog title Whole of me.

There was no pressure to make money, or advertise for everyone on the planet.

When we used to write about our days and share simple photos.

When we read our friends blogs and left them kind comments, and used it as a way to stay in touch.

J an A and Co.

Blogging has been a great way for me to make new friends, and stay in touch with old ones.

However, it has become harder to do.

It is harder because I have less time then I did five years ago when I first started my little corner of the world.

swenson blog

(Remember my very first header?)

(My blog used to by called The Swenson Family 5)

It is also harder because I feel like there is more an more content to wade through.

I am proud to say that I have always tried to stay true to myself when it comes to my blog.

Summer 2010 Header

I blog for myself, and I often ask myself the question:

What is my purpose?

I don’t make money with my blog.

Header for March 2010

For those of you who do; I think that is wonderful.

For myself, I wanted my blog to be a reflection of me with no pressure from outside sources so I decided against advertisements and money making.

I hope you feel that I try to be very real here.

That is very important to me.

J and A Header

I hope you also see that I grow, change, and learn lessons.

This article was a good reminder for me of why I blog.  Why I read other’s blogs.  What blogs I choose to spend my time reading, and that it is important to leave friendly comments.

With that in mind, this blog will always be a reflection of the things I love.

So yes, I will be sharing recipes, crafts, and things I learn as a mother.

fall header2

This blog will be a reflection of a very real life.

More importantly it is a place for me to record memories; so there will always be pictures and records of the daily goings on.

Sorry if this part bores you; but this is the most important part of life to me.

The simple moments with my family.

On that note, here is a quick roundup of what our May looked like:

(Photos are a mixture of iphone photography and pictures with my big girl camera; my iphone seems to be the way I roll lately)

(Some of these are a repeat from Instagram; sorry Instagram followers)

 photo IMG_3271_zpsd8dda136.jpg 

14 year married on May 20th

 photo IMG_3267_zps4fa64b5c.jpg

Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Eli Young Band, and Kasey Musgraves with my hubby.

 photo IMG_3295_zps49446bd5.jpg

Spent the day at the park with the kiddos on Memorial Day weekend.

I did some swinging; and so did the kids.

 photo IMG_3292_zps3326b69d.jpg

Both of the younger kids learned how to pump on the swings.  They are big kids now.

 photo IMG_3123_zps2de32e05.jpg

Practice. Practice. Practice. 

They can both play the same song; Ode to Joy.  It is fun to hear them play together.

 photo IMG_3186_zps8847a3a4.jpg

I had a lot of fun taking pictures of spring scenery here in PA.

 photo springflowers-0027_zps748712b9.jpg

 photo IMG_3150_zpse6a3a25d.jpg

Jex entered the yearbook cover contest.  I am so impressed.  He did this all free hand.

He is color blind and realized later he had colored Scooby Doo green.  Which gave us all a good laugh; including Jex.

 photo Springsoccer-0292_zps3f9652d5.jpg

We went to a lot of soccer games.  Jex and Stella played on the same team.

 photo IMG_3336_zps4badb423.jpg

We pulled the kids out of school and took a trip to Hershey Park.

We crossed that off our bucket list.

 photo MayfestivalEastYork-0076_zps73d0303a.jpg

Jex had a school carnival on a Saturday afternoon.  I loved seeing them with their face paint and hair colored.

 photo IMG_3095_zpsdf156172.jpg

Of course there is always plenty of snuggles.

 photo Memorialday-0236_zpsaa0df33f.jpg

I was asked to photograph the Memorial Day flowers at an old historic cemetery over the holiday weekend.

It felt very sacred to be amongst the graves of fallen soldiers.  Which gave me lots of time to reflect on how thankful I am for freedom; and also knowing it isn’t FREE.

 photo JexBaseball-0087_zpsa6060c82.jpg

100’s of pitches thrown by this cute boy.  He is the starting pitcher for his team.  I am so proud of him.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what May looked like at our house.

I also hope it got you thinking about what you enjoy about reading blogs or writing in a blog.

What kind of blogs do you love?

Thanks for reading mine.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I am glad you are sticking to being yourself!!

Unknown said...

Love your blog, please keep it up as you're just a step ahead of me and give me a glimpse into what's to come with my four littles! Love the mommy tips, really helped me sort out my summer schedule recently. Love your fashion sense, too! Can't wait to see the new house and some cute decorating! You really encourage me to muster up the energy I need to accomplish all that I need to for my family. Just think of what a treasure this blog will be to your kids when they grow up and look back at the archives! challenging me to step up my blog a bit, too! Take care, Heidi Powell
www.the powells corner.blogspot.com/

Bethe said...

I agree, it's refreshing to find people who blog good, thoughtful content that isn't dictated by sponsors. Not that I don't love some of the professional blogs, but there are many that aren't genuine. Thanks for keeping me entertained!
www.texaslovely.com

Eileen said...

Your blog always makes me happy.
That's all.
And that's enough!

Kelly said...

I found your blog by accident a few months ago and it has been a huge inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your life with others so openly!

artfullycarin@gmail.com said...

I for one am very glad that you blog the way you do. I am a fairly newish reader of your blog, I'm not even sure I've commented before, and I love what I find here, post after post. x

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I forgot how I stumbled across it! I also just blog about our life and recipes that I love to cook! I don't get paid either, but I think it would probably take the relaxing and fun part out of it for me! I love that you stay true to you!! Your family is adorable!

Creative Cole said...

...And THAT is why your blog is the only ONE I read consistently read. It is as simple as you said. It is so real and I connect to your posts. I agree, life gets busier as the days pass and will continue to...I suppose. But your blog is a gift to your children: as a way you journal. AND bonus, you bless the lives of others in the process. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing your talents with others & me :)

Colleen said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog. Either through Kristin or Krysta - either way, I just loved what I read. You seem so real and I love reading about you and your beautiful family!

Simply Domestic said...

I love your blog and love how you blog. I feel the same way. I like to journal about our life. I miss the old days too! :)

n8 said...

I was looking through these pictures and I thought, hey that looks like Cousler park... Wait a minute, that IS Cousler park! Small world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails