Friday, November 18, 2011

Tessa’s Belated Party Part 2 {The party}

Yesterday, I shared pictures of Tessa’s birthday decorations.  Today, I am going to share the good stuff…

… the reason why I do what I do.

The good stuff to me is the smile on the face of my children. 

Yes, I enjoy putting together the party.  Planning the decorations, and the food.  I even enjoy decorating the cake(sometimes.)

I do it, because it makes our kids feel extra special one day a year that they don’t have to share with anyone. I do it because they are worth it. 

I am often asked why I put so much effort in to a party when we only have family parties.  My response to that is because I don’t do the party for any one else.  I enjoy knowing that all my effort is specifically for my children, and not to impress my guests.  I also enjoy the party so much more when I can focus all my attention on my child, and not hosting or giving my attention to other people.  I know… I am selfish, but I think for good reason.  It is what works for us.  Birthdays are to be cherished; and we try to do that in our home.

So…

here are the cherished moments.

cr-0213 

Tess is in love with her birthday cake.

cr-0217

She was a little tired.  We had to wake her up from her nap.  Yes, this selfish mother wanted plenty of light to get good pictures; darn time change. 

We decided to do the cake, treats and gifts in the afternoon; and her special dinner in the evening.  This plan actually worked out so well.  We spread the food out a little.

cr-2

She surprised me a few weeks before her birthday.  I started singing happy birthday to her, and when I finished the song she immediately blew out candles.  She has been practicing.   She blew them out so fast at  her party that I almost missed it.  She did it on cue, right when she was supposed too, without being told.

cr-0227

Her cake was strawberry with buttercream icing.  Delish!!

cr-4

She seemed to wake up a little more once she got some sugar in her.

cr-3

The kids, and adults enjoyed the sugar too..

cr-0244

After treats, she opened the few gifts that she hadn’t opened yet.

cr-5

She made sure to do some multitasking; she ate her marshmallow magic wand while she opened.

Tess has recently discovered Tangled.  She would watch it all day if I let her.  I found this dress, and now she wears it all day too.

cr-6

And a cart to do some shopping just in case she gets hungry while she watches Tangled.

cr-7

Once we finished with the treats and presents, I cleaned up and set the table for dinner. 

cr-0269

I love pretty dishes.

cr-8

Tess loves homemade Mac N Cheese.  So that is what we had.

Then later that night, the kids decorated their own mini-cake.  I found some mini-bundt cake pans and just couldn’t resist.

Tessa Birthday Party9

The kids loved frosting them and adding the sprinkles. 

Tessa Birthday Party10

It was the perfect way to end the night.

Tessa Birthday Party-0209

Happy Birthday girl.  We love you.  I hope your birthday was the best ever.

6 comments:

Krysta said...

Super cute. Tessa is adorable! I love her birthday crown and boots. She is such a girly girl, especially in her dress up! I miss you guys.

KW said...

Wow, looks like a great day! Happy birthday Tessa! You look so pretty in your tangled dress.

Julie said...

This post is just the cutest ever! I know I always say this.....how do you find the time.....do you ever sleep!?!
I get so distracted, I never seem to finish most things I start, or have enough time....and you blog too ....you are my 'super hero mum'! Just love your blog :)

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

Aww...Happy birthday, Tessa! It looks like a beautiful party...as always! :)

Pam said...

Love the tangled dress! It looked like a wonderful birthday! You are a great mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails